Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Sayings that are worth saying.

Wouldn't you say that there are sayings that are worth saying, either because they make you wiser, either because they improve your command of English, or because it passes the time?

This very thread is devoted to your very own sayings or your so-called own sayings.
Have your say ... with your best sayings.

4 comments

• Never lend an ear, it makes half-deaf.
  • WARNING
    STOP GETTING STARTED TO SAY ANYTHING HERE!

I was fully absent-minded yesterday probably for being tired.
    The thread I started here was at a wrong place. The first meaning of SAYING is SOMETHING SAID but a very common meaning is very like a proverb or an adage running through the people sharing a language. In that prospect a saying is somehow close to an idiom and as an idiom, it has its special department fit to itself.

I am right away going to shift this thread into the frame headlined "idioms". You are invited to rush to that place and have your say.

Moreover the first tip I posted was not a saying in the sense of a proverb. It was nothing but a personal motto that I get saying again and again to myself in order to prevent me getting half- deaf.

Please, let this thread sink bit by bit, day by day so as to be burried into the bottom bulk of forgotten chatter word-scraps.
  • My motto is derived from a chinese wisdom:

"If you want to be happy for an hour, take a nap.
    If you want to be happy for a day, go fishing.
    If you want to be happy for a year, make a fortune.
    If you want to be happy for a lifetime, take up the appropriate profession."
  • You will reap in summer what you sow in spring.

Please sign in to leave a comment.