English Vocabulary

phonetics

Hi
Is it possible to add a phonetic transcription (or better an audio link) with new vocabulary ?
thanks

10 comments

• To understand the conversations is very difficult for me because I don't know the pronunciation : for instance, in my last lesson, there was the word "hostile" pronounced "ustaïl"!
    I demand a phonetic transcription for some difficult words before hearing MP3.
    Thank you GYMGLISH.
  • Hi,
    For me, it's difficult too, but I prefer not to have the phonetic transcription before hearing.
    When it's very difficult (Warbuckle), we have the text, and in the other cases, I think it's better to discover the words naturally, as in a conversation, and not refering to a written transcription. The first time, we will not understand, but, the tenth, we will.
  • From didess:
    Hi
    Is it possible to add a phonetic transcription (or better an audio link) with new vocabulary ?
    thanks

Hi,
    I think, it's a good idea. I'd like to have a link or, at least, the phonetic transcription, in the workbook.
    Thanks / Waverly.
  • Hey!
    This functionality will be soon available in our GymGlish!
    Yeah Baby!
    Peace Out,
    Willy
  • Its a very good news!
    Thanks
    artina
  • When do you think, phonetics will be available on GymGlish?????
    Thanks,
  • It's a good idea but I never learned phonetic at school. Would Gymglish team explain phonetic ?
  • Hey! The functionnality in now in your gymglish! It is not phonotic BUT audio pronunciation !!!
    Enjoy it!
    Peace out
    Willy

From mick67:
    It's a good idea but I never learned phonetic at school. Would Gymglish team explain phonetic ?

• Audio pronunciation is fine, but couldn't we have more words? the ones proposed aren't enough, in my opinion

Please sign in to leave a comment.