English Grammar

English correspondent wanted!

Hi,

I'm Hortence, a French Canadian who wants to improve its English writing with a native English speaker (male or female) of anywhere in the world. I'am 57 years old and I'm interested in many subjects including politics, art, plants, books, animals, etc.

If somebody is interested, please contact me on this forum.

Looking forward for a reply.

6 comments

• Mrs Hortence,
    I address you as Mrs because your first name sounds like a woman's.
    I just want to tell you that you are not a thing but a real human being. Hence you had better write this way: (...) who wants to improve her English writing (...)
    About the substance of your call, with great regret I don't fit your criteria. I'm not an English native speaker.(Mind the word order.)
    On the side I'll tell you you are barking up the wrong tree. The GymGlish is a ESL teaching system. You won't come across natives in this chat room which is intended for GG-users.
    All this without denying you are right at aiming to correspond with a English native speaker.
    Be luck on your side.
    Gee
    P-S I wonder why you posted your request under the grammar column.
  • To Hortence: please read (...) with aN English native speaker (...) on last but one line before signing.
  • ok , it's not the right place for what she asking , but it's a good idea . If gymfrench exists it was cool to have some connections whith same requests.Otherwise you could have some recommendations ou knowing adress (mail,url,forum,...).
    PS: I know i'm not writing well english sentence.
  • From Gee:
    Mrs Hortence,
    I address you as Mrs because your first name sounds like a woman's.
    I just want to tell you that you are not a thing but a real human being. Hence you had better write this way: (...) who wants to improve her English writing (...)
    About the substance of your call, with great regret I don't fit your criteria. I'm not an English native speaker.(Mind the word order.)
    On the side I'll tell you you are barking up the wrong tree. The GymGlish is a ESL teaching system. You won't come across natives in this chat room which is intended for GG-users.
    All this without denying you are right at aiming to correspond with a English native speaker.
    Be luck on your side.
    Gee
    P-S I wonder why you posted your request under the grammar column.

• From Hortence: Thanks for the corrections! I'm eager to find an url or a forum, as doum suggests, to improve my English writing.

Tourlou!

• If you find somebody who's interested, would you please, let me know. As you see, i'm not writing english well and i would like to improve my written english level, so as my oral english level....Maybe we should try to look over all the persons who write on this forum, there must be one ou two persons interested in learning english this way ( with a native)? I hope you can understand my text??!

Tourlou!
    Nad. D

Please sign in to leave a comment.