Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Have a free hug

http://www.freehugscampaign.org/

27 comments

• Only 10 views of my proposal so far. I must conclude people at the GG are not free for free hugs.

I suppose you’ve heard of the FREE HUGS campaign. See links here below. Well, I was yesterday afternoon in pedestrian alleys of the city centre of Liège, a nearby town of hardly 200,000 inhabitants, when I came across those three gentle girls showing their "Free Hugs" posters at arm’s length. And later I noticed there were lots of teams for free hugs. I didn't fail to hug and hug.
    Why not such a campaign put on the map by the GymGlish? To hug by mail has still to be invented but ask the GG-team, they are omnipotent.

http://www.freehugscampaign.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

With lots of free hugs from my place,
  • I heard about it some time ago. But never had occasion to meet "activists" huger. Unfortunately, for what you tell us :-) You lucky one to live to Liege: I think I've no chance to meet hugers here, to Charleroi, even if the city is larger (in population) and only to 120 km from Liege...

Kind hug anyway ;-)
  • 23 views so far. Most GG-users don't fancy big free hugs. Quite understandable. If you hug a tender female body smelling Tiger Lily, that's great. But hugging a big sweating man, it smells awful.

Two years ago the fad was the freezing campaign.
    Freezing is a common technique in the warm-up of theatre workshops with youngsters. As they are moving around within the stage or room, they stop moving at once at the shout of FREEZE ! Nobody moves any longer, not batting an eyelid, not changing the eyes, not apparently breathing any more. Freezing sessions took place in most big western cities, Europe and USA. I took part in two of them in Brussels, once in the Central Station, the other on the Grand Place for a longer while. It's not idiotic at all. On the contrary it's an amazing way to pull people out of their routine and bring them to see the world and life quite differently.

I thought that on a funny Funky Friday, the GG-team could set up a campaign of something like a "high-five campaign", as having a high-five is learned in the early period of the GG course.

Be it as it may, there have been two campaigns so far that were actually enthralling fads. Which is the next to come on?
    After the "Have a free hug", it could be "Have a free fuck".
  • Hi Balaen,
    I'm pleased to learn I am living not so far from your place.
    You posted your message while I was texting mine.
    Are you sure there are no huggers in the your royal city?
    Did you visit the sites I mentioned?

Don't you think we could have a high-five campaign on this forum. We just fix a short time when our co-learners are invited to be connected and we could exchange "one to one" greeting gestures that could go, on everyone convenience, from a friendly wave from afar, through a high-five, a free hug, a kiss of any kind, stealthy peck on the cheek, laboured kiss on the lips, up to a possible deep French kiss, all that coming at everyone discretion.
    Any slap and tickle party should be prohibited as the meetings one-to-one should be short.

I feel now less lonely since I got your hug!
    It's done for today, see you another day?
  • After studying seriously your lines I admit that I don't understand anything.
    Why do you emphasize that "free", it's always free. What's the opposite to a free hug?
    Why do we need a campaign for it?
    We are embracing and huging each other everywhere and at any time from dawn till dusk, it's fun and quite normal to all of us.
  • S M A C K !!!

What about this friendly kiss on the cheek (no less free)from Montréal, Québec?
  • That's the ticket!
  • From Natalja:
    After studying seriously your lines I admit that I don't understand anything.
    Why do you emphasize that "free", it's always free. What's the opposite to a free hug?
    Why do we need a campaign for it?
    We are embracing and huging each other everywhere and at any time from dawn till dusk, it's fun and quite normal to all of us.

I feel abashed, Natalja, for having wasted your time as you seriously studied my lines.
    From your surprise about my proposal, it's obvious that you are yourself a young easy-going liberated girl. So much the better. Keep living so, embracing and hugging everyone everywhere at all times. If I am not mistaken you don't do it from dusk to dawn. It's just so much non sense for my part to think you could.

Liberty in behavior is not granted to every human being on the planet.

Firstly, as you must know, it was today the worldwide International Women's Day. You might have been watching on the telly the so many demonstrations that took place in most of the big cities. If you had your finger on the pulse about the fate of women in many countries, notably in Africa, you would be aware that so many women aren't so much free

Secondly, you said any hug is free. Do yo think that Putin and Bush hugging each other some months ago were actually acting a free hug? Do you think that Sarko hugging Bashar al-Assad was really sincere? And Shimon Peres hugging Mahmoud Abbas? Do you think that the so many handshakes, hugs and kisses exchanged every day in the workplaces, the entertainment centers and any public areas are free true greetings? I for one think that most of them are out of habit, of standard of behavior, for convenience or by necessity, if not Judas' kisses. All that I call the opposite of a free hug.

If a Free Hugs campaign took place of late, I think it came from the USA and spread over most western countries. Did you in the very least view the videos broadcast by You Tube or anyone else? Even though it's the expression of a fad, it reminded me the struggle for freeing the morals, the habits and the language that thrived in the atmosphere of MAI 68, it reminded me the Living Theater, the happenings and off-off Broadway plays. No doubt, Natalja, you must think I am a decrepit out-of-date has-been. Thinking so, Natalja, you got the ticket: I am. But the Free Hugs campaign has been launched by youngsters of your age.

You are one of the many today's lucky so-and-so, Natalja. Keep being!

[CW]
  • As you are used to, Gee, you put a CW between square brackets at the bottom of your long explanations. I take the word for it and pass some Suggestions of C.

As Sarkozy was holding the EU presidency, he welcomed indeed Bashar al-Assad in Paris. Are you sure they parted with a hug? If it had been, it should have given rise to lots of giggles of onlookers on the spot and watchers on the TV, given the discrepancy between the height of the two men.

It came as a surprise to me that you said good-bye to Natalja by wishing she be "one of the too many today's lucky so-and-so". I can't believe the well-mannered man we know you are could be so rude with a pretty girl. So-and-so, as far as I know, is quite pejorative.

Before I get going, a question: "If you had your finger on the pulse about the fate of women", you told. Does it mean that Natalja had better be a physician or a nurse to take the pulse of women to get to know their fate?
    CW

Please sign in to leave a comment.