English Grammar

prepositions

Hi all,

I was just wondering if "prepositions" would be on the menu at some time..
Thanks, good luck,
Anniah

5 comments

• Any good menu can't read without some lovely prepositions. If something gets put, laid, installed, placed without a PRE-position to point out where it gets put, laid, etc..., that something keeps hanging in the air, without knowing where to land.
    Put your bag 'on' the table.
    We all stand 'behind' Anniah to support her claim.
    She jotted her claim 'down' the forum.
    On my today's dinner menu: fish cooked 'in' foil.
    On my today's lesson menu: Philip is 'up' the pub.

I am kidding, Anniah.
    But what makes me wonder, it's the kind of menu you're speaking of. Is it that you'd like to get more prepositions in your lessons' menus? Is it that you'd like prepositions be more explained in your grammar workbook? Is it that we should deal with more prepositions in this English grammar column of the forum?
    Just tell us so that we can help you.

[CW]
  • Hello Gee,
    Thank you very much for your answer. For some reason, I find that the prepositions in English are the most difficult thing to learn.
    Look down on somebody, being up to, getting free of or from, to be up to.. to be up the road (and the pub???)
    Well you know what I mean.
    What I would like is indeed getting more "prepositions" in my lessons, because it is one on my greatest difficulty in the language of Shakespeare. :o)
    Thank you very much indeed.
  • Nice getting a reply from you, Anniah. I am a bit swamped with things to do at the moment but I'll see later if I can't find a trick to get to know prepositions in an easy way!
    Enjoy your week-end.
  • No hurry, don't worry!! I've got plenty of time. Thank you very much indeed.
    Just learned a new word thanks to you.. "swamped". :o)
  • I would like to know if you have some lesson on "appropriate prepositions" in this programme, because this makes all the beautiful sentences at ease!
    Thanks for give me a chance for my opini9on.

Please sign in to leave a comment.