English Grammar

Maybe

My today's Gymglish Correction is confusing me.
The GG- Computer refused "maybe" in the case of : Maybe the CEO's wife is involved too.

And he gave some good examples:

Maybe I'll go to the zoo
Maybe you should stop working now (an advice that I would follow with pleasure, if it were possible)

Is there a grammatical difference between the three sentences?

5 comments

• Maybe there's been a hitch in the computer. Let's the inquiry be made. Maybe the wife is guilty, maybe not.
  • What could a CEO's wife be involved in, if not a financial crime?
  • i dont understand
  • Dear Chamcham Habib

as far as I remember (because I use to cancel the text after having worked it out) it was the choice between

possibly
    likely
    maybe
    and may be

My choice was: May be the CEO's wife is involved too. That was false, because may be ist not the same as maybe. Than the Gymglish Computer admitted that there are many possibilities to use maybe as I wrote it down in my question above.

Maybe I'll go to the zoo
    Maybe I should stop working

And I found no difference between the two's and the sentence in question:
    Maybe the CEO's wife is involved too.

That was the background two my question.
    Now I hope you better understand. What do you think of the problem.

Gee answered as it were a question of the content, but to me it was a question of the grammatical form.

Thanks for insisting. Me too I thought I was misunderstood.
  • It's nice, Natalja, that you made a point to get this right.
    If I misunderstood you, it's that you didn't express the problem as it actually was.
    On June 16 you wrote "The GG- Computer refused "maybe" in the case of : Maybe the CEO's wife is involved too." As you tell it now, the computer had refused 'may be' in 2 words. That's a bit different.
    I guess that it's presently quite clear to Chamcham Habib.
    Have a nice day.

Please sign in to leave a comment.