Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

pronounciation examples

Dear Gymglish team,

first of all: congratulations to your new techniques, it's very comfortable and easy now to hear the pronounciation examples after pressing the button. But what I would like to suggest is to hear only the english form to repeat it many times and not automatically but on demand the american form, if it were possible.

CW

11 comments

• Hello Gwendo,
    I follow up your CW by this friendly CS.
    pronunciation (the O of the nOun has slipped away)
    English and American are adjectives that are fond of initial uppercase.
    Wish you sun as it is Sunday.
  • Thanks to you kindly observant Scottish mate for your friendly corrections!
    Sun is gone,
    snow has come.
    Wish you a happy snow- weekend!
  • I would have written it wrongly, too , if I had written the same article.
    'pronunciation' - but 'to pronounce' - quite astonishing if you're not used to it, isn't it?

Anxway, I've learned something - thanks a bunch.
  • Anxway...a typo anyway.
  • hello.
    how are you?
  • Hi parkoo01,

Thank, I'm fine!
    How are you?
  • Hi,
    I am new comer. And It is to share my appreciation for the Gymgish.
    Second, though i am better in writting articles, i am not good at speaking. How can i improve that? anybody can help? thanks
  • Hi Gwendo,

In response to your initial comment, we at GymGlish use American spelling as standard, but we also want to make people aware that there are often various possible ways of pronouncing a word. That is why we always give both American and English pronunciation in examples.

I hope this helps!
  • Thanks vor your answer S GG!

But sorry, no it doesn't help. What I wanted to say is that I need many repeats, repetition, to get the good pronounciation. If one version English or American, is suddenly followed by the other one I confound them. Of course I need both of them, the American and the English example, but to work it out, I woulf prefere they were separate.
    I hope I could make it clear.

Sincerely Yours,
    Gwendo
    CW

Please sign in to leave a comment.