The Delavigne Corporation

les cours

je trouve que les 5 cours gatuits sont plus riches que ceux que l'on a lorsque l'on s'abonne; je suis déçue, par ailleurs si on n'a pas le temsp de faire une leçon un jour, ce n'est pas pour antant que l'on a nos 5 cours dans la semaine.

11 comments

• OUI, je fais les mêmes constats, je suis inscrit depuis le début de l'année et je ne constate aucune amélioration au contraire
  • Bonjour,
    j'ai constaté cela également. J'ai tout d'abord pensé qu'il s'agissait du paramétrage de la longueur des cours, mais même en choisissant "maximum", je ne reçois que des leçons avec un audio ou un texte alors que de mémoire, les versions gratuites contenaient de l'ordre de 3 items. Du coup, ma leçon quotidienne se résume à moins de 10 minutes, ce qui ne permet pas franchement de s'améliorer.
  • (merci de vous exprimer en anglais dans ce forum afin de partager l'ensemble de vos remarques avec les utilisateurs non francophones!)

Hello -

Unfortunately, it's impossible to complete multiple lessons per day. Our software is configured to provide a daily, 10-minute course adapted to your needs and based on intervals of revision linked to your past lessons. Furthermore, our approach is to give you short, effective and painless lessons on a daily basis to maximize long-term acquisition!

Concerning the length of the lesson in the trial version, it's true that those lessons are longer, since we need more 'data' to evaluate the level of each user (the disadvantages of this are that most of the time it takes longer than 10 minutes to complete your Gymglish!).

Do not hesitate to get back to us for any questions.

Willy (The Security Guard of the Delavigne Corporation)
  • Good, there is a new Security Gard watching like Big Brother (or perhaps an old one coming back ?). I just wanted to say I agreed with the first writer (in french), but perhaps it is changing, lessons seem better, we have long answers : even if a lesson is seven minutes (ellapse like they say in computing reports) we have 3 minutes extra time reading the messages, that is 10 minutes alltogether, the contract is completed
  • well done Icarus, you reserved all the nicknames with "icarus" inside. I'll remain Ugoid, then and write it with your style and (I hope) humour. Take 2 lessons :
    "Icarus crunches some numbers" vs. "Flu news":

ICARUS CRUNCHES THE NUMBERS /
    unknown words or expressions 4
    known but forgotten 6
    time spent on the lesson 6:17
    Fits the employer's needs (stars) *****
    Extra time (dictionnary, forum...) 11:38
    Fun *****

FLU NEWS /
    unknown words or expressions 3
    known but forgotten 6
    time spent on the lesson 3:05
    Fits the employer's needs (stars) null (0 star)
    Extra time (dictionnary, forum...) 1:30
    Fun null

I wish I'd never read the second lesson, I didn't sleep that night !
    Take care !
  • je trouve dommage que nous ayons pas systématiquement les 5 leçons par semaine, même si nous prenons du retard,
    chaque leçon me prend une heure car j'écris sur un cahier le vocabulaire , la grammaire et j'apprends, il faut vraiment du travail personnel pour progresser. IL faudrait plus d'audio car la compréhension est toujours le plus difficile
    Oiselle

From filomen Butterfly:
    Bonjour,
    j'ai constaté cela également. J'ai tout d'abord pensé qu'il s'agissait du paramétrage de la longueur des cours, mais même en choisissant "maximum", je ne reçois que des leçons avec un audio ou un texte alors que de mémoire, les versions gratuites contenaient de l'ordre de 3 items. Du coup, ma leçon quotidienne se résume à moins de 10 minutes, ce qui ne permet pas franchement de s'améliorer.

• I'll be caught by Willy, but those messages bring me to think of the Iron Lady, Mrs Thatcher, who said she wanted her money back ...
    For sure we're living in a society where Money, as a way to evaluate things is so important ( Thanks God for inventing the Dollar so that I can take decisions )
    If Delavigne Corp seem to be a nice company to work in, Bruno is rather hard on business, so he'll surely understand the claim for longer and more numerous lessons, same price.
    But, perhaps, Horatio is the solution : How this Amazon Guy learnt English so fast ? Just come to think to a fabulous project : "Learn English with Horatio". This guy is not so greedy, we would have eight lessons of 15 minutes a week, when Horatio would be in a mood for teaching. Ah, there's the rub etc ...
    Sorry, I can't find any better solution than your's, at the moment. And I keep on enjoying those few minutes of fancy .. More over, some tiny grey (English) cells seem to be turning back to life, after so many years of sleep (But what dream may come etc ...)
    C U
  • We can spend on a lesson the time we want... if there is enough stuff and good stuff. Sometimes lessons are too short and there is not enough new vocabulary. Writing is a good way to learn and remember (it works for me too); but writing on a notebook seems to me old fashioned as long as I could use Excel with all kinds of sort facilities...what do you think of it?
  • "If Delavigne Corp seem to be a nice company to work in, Bruno is rather hard on business, so he'll surely understand the claim for longer and more numerous lessons, same price." I don't agree with you : I would say Bruno is an idiot, Warbuckle is a real leader. It is a pity the GG Group has made fool of him in a lesson as if he did not know how to manage his business ! If I could, I would give up and subscribe in another Company. Capitaine Nego.

Please sign in to leave a comment.