Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Homophobia

I'm upset in the negative allusion about homosexuality in some courses. For example today, in an example for the utilisation of "drop" this sentence : "Never, ever drop the soap in a prison shower." Please could the Gimglish's creatives lay down these old fashion cliché?

3 comments

• I found soap a useful stuff when I was jailed for thee months in a State prison for men of my country. Thank God, there were countless bars of soap in the shower.
    Of course sexual assaults should be prevented but free love shouldn't be a taboo.
  • I don't think this is necessarily homophobia. It certainly is a cliché about prisoners, which could be accurate or not in some cases, but I don't see how it expresses discrimination against gay people. I haven't ever considered GmyGlish have homophobia...
  • From scopie:
    I'm upset in the negative allusion about homosexuality in some courses. For example today, in an example for the utilisation of "drop" this sentence : "Never, ever drop the soap in a prison shower." Please could the Gimglish's creatives lay down these old fashion cliché?

Hi Scopie,

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, and it's true that GymGlish does push the limits in many topics. It can be extreme or stereotypical in many respects, though usually it is done ironically or for the sake of humor. On the other hand, I don't agree that the sentence you mention is homophobic. Cliché yes, but not homophobic.

Please sign in to leave a comment.