Comments about the English forum

oral language

is it possible to learn specially the oral whixh is the most difficult for me ?

12 comments

• don't bother alleluia, you are not the only one ....the oral is very difficult for me too ....
  • I understand quite well what I hear but it's not easy to translate words from French to English ! it's easier if I just try to tell something without trying to translate !
  • true, I just do this way too : I express something in english as if I had to answer orally and then I have it translated from english to french on the web to see if there are mistakes and also how it can be understood. ;-)
  • i used to be sfraid of speaking E in the crowd.I think if our vocabulary is good, this problem is not difficult.when i find new word, i try to pronounce it 2 or 3 times.so i can remember its meaning and its pronounceable.
  • when I was a joung woman , I went en Enland in English family twice ....so I was really surprised to dream in English and not able to translate what I have dreamed ....now often I understand a lot of what I hear but I am not able to translate !!!
    Bripama 79
  • From alleluia:
    is it possible to learn specially the oral whixh is the most difficult for me ?

From forestine:
    don't bother alleluia, you are not the only one ....the oral is very difficult for me too ....

• welcome - it's my problem too
    they are too speed !
    any way, essential is to participate !!!! (french topics)
    cheer up all of us !!!
  • Once, in London, I was in a bus... I still wonder what the driver said to me...and i took the tube for quite a long time after.
    Listen and listen people speaking, singing, Radio, TV, moovies.... it's a funny way to learn.
    Good luck
    Victorine
  • From Michle: (...) they are too speed !
    (...)

That's a catch-22! You can't avoid being spoken at a normal speed. Bit by bit you'll get used to.

Anyhow, would you get some speeches given at a slow rate first and thereafter at a normal rate of speed, go to http://www.eslpod.com/website/index_new.html#
    You might enjoy it for some podcasts but it gets boring soon.

Please sign in to leave a comment.