English Idioms

Dodgeball

Does anyone know the French translation of the quote 'I just threw in my mouth a little bit' ?
Regards at all of you.

5 comments

• I've forgot UP after threw !!
    Sorry.
  • Look at this short dialog held in a couple.

He: You seem to have the hiccups, honey.
    She: No darling. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
    He: Do you mean, honey, that you threw up a little bit in your mouth?
    She: That's it, darling.
    He: Take a pill of antiemic, honey. I wouldn't like your nice-tasting mouth be sullied when we have a French kiss.

Let's suppose the couple is French.

Lui: On dirait que tu as le hoquet, ma chérie.
    Elle: Non, mon amour. J'ai seulement régurgité dans ma bouche un tout petit peu.
    Lui: Veux-tu dire que tu as remis un tout petit peu dans ta bouche?
    Elle: C'est çà, chéri.
    Lui: Prends un comprimé d'antiémétique, ma chérie. Je ne voudrais pas que l'agréable saveur de ta bouche soit souillée quand on va s'embrasser profondément.

Let's suppose the couple is Afghan.

Guess!
  • 'to throw up a little bit in one's mouth' has become
    a locution for being disgusted by something.

If something is so repulsive that you get naueated by it, you may say "It makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth". That is, you have a feeling like the food in your stomach wants to come up

For the German folks: "Das kommt's mir hoch"
  • ... And for French natives (in slang, or in a crude version) : "ça me remonte" ou "ça me débecte"...
    But what are we doing now ? I believed we were trying to speak... Gymglish !
  • Oh, my good, JoggerOne, please stay calm. Getting annoyed rises the risk of a heart attack. But you can do something about it: progressive muscle relaxation, yoga, exercising - or jogging. Are you not a 'jogger one', by the way?

I'm glad you didn't use two or more exclamations marks. Hence, your ire can't be that terrible and devastating to you health.

Please sign in to leave a comment.