The Delavigne Corporation

A key to (re)visit the Gallery of Portraits…

2010 is over with your question marks let open. I said I’d help and though my status places me among the GG Team Leaders, I would like to give to all the GG Forum readers a key to the Gallery of Portraits : the Enneagram.
It can be seen as a set of nine distinct personality types, with each number denoting one type. Generations of professionnals have been working for decades on the Enneagram and many authors describe each type, giving a generic title to each number.
I’ll let you discover the representations, names and main characteristics on the sites and books dedicated to the Enneagram. Just remember that everyone emerges from childhood with one of the nine types and then can develop one or two other ways of behaviours (called wings) connected with the other types.
Then, go to the boardroom of Delavigne Corporation, click open the picture of your favorite character, compare to the types, choose a type, verify in the past episodes…You are ready to predict his behaviour in the next lesson.
Have a wonderful year 2011 and tell me about your feelings.
The Enneagram is represented on a circle…Enjoy Delavigne story, it will keep the circle rolling.
Dr. Donna Donovan.

9 comments

• If I am not mistaken, Dr Donna, most characters are "one-sided", unilateral.
    I guess you are the only one who is connected with the nine types.
    That's quite interesting. As soon as I get some spare time, I'll undergo the treatment you prescribed.
    It will help me to feel at home in the esoteric world of the Delavigne.
    Joe
  • My Master - Mr Icarus Archibald Quincy - will be very pleased to hear that they use numbers. Dear Dr. Donna, can this enneagram be applied to eSpirits conceived on a binary model ?
  • I remember learning GymGlish lessons where Dr Donna Donovan was a character of the story, a psychologist consulted by a member of the Delavigne Corporation. I just checked on DelavigneCorp.com and she is listed as a member of the corporation. Now, Donna tells us "my status places me among the GG Team Leaders". From what we have to conclude that the Delavigne story is an autobiographical work. Is it possible that the GG team is structured the same way as the Delavigne Corporation?
    There are so many mad characters in the story!
  • Goodness gracious me! The Delavigne story would be autobiographical!

That the Delavigne story is built up with characters made in accordance with the enneagram of Gurdjieff, that's a good news. The Gurdjieff theory is so much fanciful that the story the characters are brought to live is unexpected, eccentric and distorted.
    That's why the GymGlish is overcoming any other ESL teaching. Most courses are conventional and teach what anyone is expected to say in any conventional situation. With the GymGlish you are brought to be ready at coming across the least expected behabiors. That stimulate your attention and points out the very way things are said.

Now there was a leak! We heard that the GymGlish team is also coached by a Dr Donna Donavan that is wild about the enneagram. It makes me wonder!
    The Gurdjieff system is nothing of scientific. You will retort that neither Freud, nor Jung were mere scientists. That's true. But the enneagram has been invented more to delight spirits than to stick to the real. Louis Pauwels, French writer, (Le matin des magiciens), one of the many intellectuals who came near Gurdijieff to study his system, said that the Gurdjieff experience, a great temptation, was prone to give way to illness.
    The enneagram brought the Delavigne team to go mad. That's funny as long as it is fictional.

Fortunately the Delavigne team got cured by another treatment invented by Moreno. Moreno was nothing of a guru. Though he used sociograms, figures with points and lines like the enneagram, that was a faithful mean to represent the relationships between the members of a group. Notwithstanding the similar look of sociogram and enneagram, it was another treatment invented by Moreno that was used in the Delavigne team. It is Moreno's psychodram or sociodram. People of a group are brought to play a situation looking exactly like that one they live in their life or at business but their role is played by another person.
    Do you remember, dear reader, that in the funny funky Friday of last late November, Brian Jones and Bruno Delavigne had exchanged their position in the firm. Brian was the CEO and Bruno his assistant.
    We'd be interested in being posted with some conclusions of that sociogram. Of course we know that professional confidence should prevent Dr Donna from telling anything about that. But, a leak for a leak, it's six of one and half an dozen of the other.

More to the point we'd be interested in knowing whether the GG team itself has also played a sociogram.
  • From The Spirit of IAQ:
    My Master - Mr Icarus Archibald Quincy - will be very pleased to hear that they use numbers. Dear Dr. Donna, can this enneagram be applied to eSpirits conceived on a binary model ?

Dr Donna Donnavan acts a double casting, on the Delavigne's stage and the GymGlish's. Thanks to that double role, we learned a lot about the company.

Another character has also a double engagement. Icarus is acting alongside his own body in the Delavigne saga and only through his mathematical spirit on this forum.
    Therefore, dear Spirit of IAQ, I think that you should lead the way by assessing your master in accordance with the enneagram. I am convinced that by means of your peculiar binary processes you could easily set up your master's personality. As figures are you area of expertise, an assessment released in figures should be a child's play.

May I be so bold as to suggest that each of the charaters get a own header under the present chapter.
    Thank you for opening the way!
  • As Donna drove us mad, we were driven crazy to her enneagram.

AhQ is right!
    Any GGuser who wants to feel at home in the Delavigne madhouse had better learn the enneagram and tests every of its residents according to the enneagram criteria.
    Go and visit a site that reports the sketch of the enneagram. It looks a bit like this.
    …...........................................9......................................................
    …..............................the peacemaker............................................

…..................8............................................................2.................
    ...…...the challenger..........................................the reformer.........

….......7................................................................................3........
    the enthusiast................................................................the helper..

…..................6............................................................3.................
    ….........the loyalist............................................the achiever.........

…...........................5........................................4............................
    …...............the investigator................the individualist.................

Every pole is linked to 2 others to sketch a perfect star.
    3 - 6 - 9 make a triangle.
    But, as the spirit of IAQ is likely to be the first one to give his master the test, I suggest we do as he is bound to do, i.e. use figures to assess the character according every pole.
    The scores to be given spread from 1 to 5 (i.e. min.1, max.5)

Sources for assessment:
    1. the gallery of portraits to be found on DelavigneCorp.com
    2. every learner experience through lessons attended so far.

To open the way, I'm gonna start by opening a thread "9-gram test of Icarus Archibald Quincy".
    Lets' hope it will prompt a rush of my co-learners.
  • Corrections
    pole 1 : reformer
    pole 2 : helper
  • From AhQ
    'Therefore, dear Spirit of IAQ, I think that you should lead the way by assessing your master in accordance with the enneagram.'

Dear Mr or Mrs AhQ,
    You requested a test for Icarus Archibald Quincy.
    A binary analysis gives the following result :
    Icarus Archibald Quincy is a ' 0, 0, 0, 1' on a semi-byte format.

To get a decimal codification and a psychological advice, please ask to Donna on this same topic or refer to Joe's diagram and analysis.
  • A few months ago I have asked existential questions about Delavigne Corporation. At first, I have seen Donna’s proposal as an attempt to give us some solutions, but now I wonder why Donna uses a Sinking Topic (it dives if you don’t give a move) and not a Floating Topic (which always stay at the surface) just like Sigourney Weevil, another Goddess. a and think I would like to proceed in a logical approach of this mysterious message :
    - either, the writer who got the nickname “Donna” tells the truth and she (or he ?) is indeed a G-4 GymGlish Group God, and I, simple Learner with a unstable status (I haven’t received any lesson for 2011 yet), have to fear a possible anger of a Goddess;
    - or, she/he is lying and, following a principle of learning-class solidarity, I am not ready to tell if my investigations will lead to a possible usurpation among the Learners’ population.
    I’ll be pleased to write more on this topic when my status has been cleared up.

Please sign in to leave a comment.