The Delavigne Corporation

9-gram test of Icarus Archibald Quincy

Hereafter are the results of the 9-gram test as given to IAQ by Joe, the average man in the GymGlish sphere.

Pole 1 reformer scored 1
Pole 2 helper ............... 2
Pole 3 achiever ............ 5
Pole 4 individualist ...... 5
Pole 5 investigator ...... 2.7
Pole 6 loyalist .............. 5
Pole 7 enthusiast ........ 3.5
Pole 8 challenger ....... 1
Pole 9 peacemaker .... 1.2

Average score: 2.822222222222222222222222222222222

Conclusions: Icarus Archibald Quincy is second to none as accountant of a madhouse.

4 comments

• Hi Joe ! Who is the average man in the Gymglish sphere? Joe The Screwball or Icarus Archibald Quincy.
    For myself, I don't think names are given by chance. Phonetically, "Quincy" sounds like (in French) "coincé" which can be translated as "uptight". Was it in the creator's mind of the character?
  • You've got your tights up, Ohhh, well done man.
    Vic

From Ugoid:
    Hi Joe ! Who is the average man in the Gymglish sphere? Joe The Screwball or Icarus Archibald Quincy.
    For myself, I don't think names are given by chance. Phonetically, "Quincy" sounds like (in French) "coincé" which can be translated as "uptight". Was it in the creator's mind of the character?

• Up until now, I had never heard of the enneagram. As suggested by Donna, I went and visited many sites dealing with that graphic which is supposed to reflect a sketch of personality. There is namely a personality test made of dozens of questions inducing answers that have to be scored on a scale from 1 to 5.
    I couldn't find out the strategy of the questionnaire. On which basis were the questions formulated? None of a clue anywhere. I bet that the one who wrote and graded the test was an initiate - Gurdjieff himself?

Joe humorously gave a simplified test to Icarus. Even though the sense of the average of scores remains mysterious, I'd say that I share the scores given Joe. I also think that Icarus is mainly an achiever (at least as long as figures are at stake), an individualist (apart from his mother he has no friendly relationship), a loyalist (he is too "coïncé" - thank you Ugold - to become a freelance or to kick up a fuss.)

Now about the qualities attached to the different vertices of the near-star graphic, I cannot understand how can be associated qualitites at first sight so opposite. Let's take for instance the number 4 (Joe called that vertices poles): individualist / arguer, quibbler / artist / melancholic. An arguer is a reasoning person. An artist generally is quite the opposite (except special people the kind of Schönberg).

I feel constraint to conclude that the enneagram seems to be a con game just made for mystic people. I'd rather see Donna refer to the so many portrayals advisedly sketched in the litterature.

Sandy
  • Now we are fixed. Thank you, Donna.
    Icarus hasn't to be tested. He was born from enneagram-geek writers to be a Nr 1.
    Birn reformer, said Donna.
    I never heard in my lessons that Icarus had to go with her mother to the Protestant church.
    But from a mentally standpoint Icarus would never accept anything go bust or go liberal or go funny or get changed.
    Things have to be kept in their original way of going.
    Thanks to Icarus Archibald Quincy everything is sure to remain coincé (quincy). Nothing funny or funky should happen in the Delavigne play.
    Thank you, Donna.
    Sandy

Please sign in to leave a comment.