English Vocabulary

DVLA

What does it means ???
Thanks for help
V.

5 comments

• Every good library has books listing abbreviations. You'll find them on the shelves by the side of dictionaries.
    As you are strolling through this forum, it's easier to type DVLA in the box of your search engine. I did it for you, lazy girl!

D for driver
    V for vehicle
    L for licensing, the privilege of the following A
    A for agency

It's pure British. Would you like to get a driving licence from the DVLA as a no-British citizen? I bet you should first get domicilied in UK.

Anyway you couldn't get a driving licenSe, privilege of Americans. You'd just get a driving licenCe.

Don't play the reckless driver, Vic.
  • From Joe the screwball:
    Every good library has books listing abbreviations. You'll find them on the shelves by the side of dictionaries.
    As you are strolling through this forum, it's easier to type DVLA in the box of your search engine. I did it for you, lazy girl!

D for driver
    V for vehicle

sorry, Y didi not look at the right place, clumsy i am.
    Vict.
    A for agency

It's pure British. Would you like to get a driving licence from the DVLA as a no-British citizen? I bet you should first get domicilied in UK.

Anyway you couldn't get a driving licenSe, privilege of Americans. You'd just get a driving licenCe.

From Joe the screwball:
    Every good library has books listing abbreviations. You'll find them on the shelves by the side of dictionaries.

D for driver
    V for vehicle
    A for agency

• From Victorine:

sorry, Y didi not look at the right place, clumsy i am.
    Vict.
  • I am not sure it's relevant, but I am currently reading a great novel from Jim Harrisson, titled "DAVLA".

It is not about driving licence, but a story of wonderful and strange woman, born in the midwest with somme native american culture, and who's embracing all cultural tendencies of the 60s, 70s and 80s. It is really well written, and well translated.

Yes, I confess that I read it in French... I don't feel ready yet to read litterature in English, with an exception of some whodunits bought in train stations.

It's my first Jim Harrison's novel. Have you already read one ?

Noémie
  • You mean Dalva ?
    Vic?

Please sign in to leave a comment.