Gymglish Users and Visitors Lounge

Detective novels, crime stories, thrillers, "polars"...

Hi,
I do like detective novels, crime stories, hard-boiled littérature, thrillers and all that kind of litterature. My favorite writers for the american are : Michael Connelly, James Ellroy, George P. Pelecanos, Denis Lehane; for the British: Graham Hurley, Mo Hayder, Minette Walters, John Connelly, and for the French: Franck Thillez, Brigitte Aubert, Dominique Sylvain, Patrick Bard.
I'm reading now "ritual" by Mo Hayder.
I'd like to talk with people who like this litterature.

2 comments

• Hi,
    I do like detective novels, crime stories, hard-boiled littérature, thrillers and all that kind of litterature. My favorite writers for the american are : Michael Connelly, James Ellroy, George P. Pelecanos, Denis Lehane; for the British: Graham Hurley, Mo Hayder, Minette Walters, John Connelly, and for the French: Franck Thillez, Brigitte Aubert, Dominique Sylvain, Patrick Bard.
    I'm reading now "ritual" by Mo Hayder.
    I'd like to talk with people who like this litterature.
  • Hello Euridice, like you I read a lot of these litterature.
    You mention american and french authors, what about the others ?
    Qiu Xiaolong, the chinese King, an oher way, really, he even makes you discover chinese poetry and old dresses like Quipao.
    What do you think of the nordics one ? Larson, Indridanson... and don't forget the italiens and spanish writers, Montalban, Camilieri , full of colours, flavoring food and nice women...
    A way to travel a lot staying home, thanks to all these people.
    If you like humour, belgium Nadine Montfils is nothing but pure pleasure and fun.
    I had some difficulties with the turkish stories and, i just gave up, anyway, i likeTurkey, perhaps they are better in things like "les mille et une nuit", i'am kidding !
    Don't read to late at night.... it's hard to get up next morning.
    Cheers
    Vicorine

Please sign in to leave a comment.