English Vocabulary

English in medi-pharm

Hi everyone, I create this topic to improve my vocabulary in the field of Medicine or Pharmacology. I hope that it will be interesting!
Today, one man has a sore throat and his chest hurts, sometimes, he coughs. Guess what he has condition!

30 comments - page 2

• I have a question : flu and cancer, which is more dangerous than?
    what do you think about that?
  • what's going on? I can't understand what happening.
    I wrote an essay about Cancer and Mean survival time. I applied it to my teacher. I hope that it will be good. I hope so. And thank you guys!
  • Why is was a cat in the first place I can't really say. The thought experiment was the invention of the physicist Schroedinger -and why he opted for a cat tradition hasn't it - as far as I know

I had expected the objections from women, because it's about cats. Women can get very touchy and delicate when it comes to cats. And I resent Schroedinger for choosing a cat in his thought experiment. But that's what he did, I can't help it.

Personally, I like cats very much and could never do any harm to them. When a cat crosses my way on te street, I try to stroke them - but alas, usually they are very coy of strangers and run away.

The though experiment with Schroedinger's cat is only a sample and was not inventedf my myself. If I had invented the sample, I wouldn't have taken a cat - I would have taken a dolphin ;)
    (just kiddin')
  • I take everything back.

Are you kidding?`Everybody knows that! Flu is of course more dangerous. It's cantagious.

What's going on here?
    ????????
  • From Mai Duong:
    what's going on? I can't understand what happening.
    I wrote an essay about Cancer and Mean survival time. I applied it to my teacher. I hope that it will be good. I hope so. And thank you guys!

You're right - and I have to admit we've all digressed from the topic a little bit. But that's the way it is in forums like this - one thing leads to another and in the end noboby knows anymore what a thread was about.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with your essay.
    Whacky
  • Allo,your history touch me, you are courageous the cancer it isnt'to easy for nobody. Take care and good luck
    bye
    Saturne
  • From Mai Duong:
    Hi everyone, I create this topic to improve my vocabulary in the field of Medicine or Pharmacology. I hope that it will be interesting!
    Today, one man has a sore throat and his chest hurts, sometimes, he coughs. Guess what he has condition!

From Yann Le Ster:
    I am serious : 9 years ago I have been operated on a colon cancer. I had a neighbour, next street, at that time, she was operated too and she died in less than 6 months later. What would be the signification of a mean : (9 + 0.5) / 2, let us say something like 5 years ?

• "Allo,your history touch me, you are courageous the cancer it isnt'to easy for nobody. Take care and good luck"
    As this is a real medical study, I can say I had a Lieberkühnian carcinoma. I have only surgery, no chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Next month I'll have a colonoscopy, just as explained by Dr Whacky in the former reply. You see I take care.
  • "Anyway, noboby's interested in Schroedinger' cat and quantum mechanics?" - Whacky

Sorry, Whacky, it is very interesting, but :
    - I had to find out who is Schroedinger and I never studied quantum mechanica.
    - why a cat ?
    and connect it to the topic.

It is not easy from a smartphone so I had to be at my office. By the way, I'm just making a link with a topic having had no response. It was about the death of a cat given as an exemple in the GG saga.

After all, sure there is a link. ;)
  • I am serious : 9 years ago I have been operated on a colon cancer. I had a neighbour, next street, at that time, she was operated too and she died in less than 6 months later. What would be the signification of a mean : (9 + 0.5) / 2, let us say something like 5 years ?

Please sign in to leave a comment.