English Idioms

:| to the GG Content Team :|

Please, Madam, Head of the GymGlish Content Team, could you please use your mighty powers and ask your GG Content Team Assistant Andrew to proceed to the deletion of the obviously false statement (that I wouldn't even dare to repeat) remained written hereafter ‘Added: 05/30/2011 - 01:52 PM’, concerning wrongly the best of our reliable teammates on this forum.

8 comments

• And to make your sign of good will complete, now embark on a journey over the alps in sandals, sackclothes and ashes and solicit forgiveness from the pope. That will suffice then - and the whole thing is dead an done with and you will be welcomed in our community with open arms again.
  • All what you say is easy, Whacky, but to get an answer from the GG Group on the forum that'd be a performance. You are ready to forgive, you are a nice Man, but I need to have my sin definitively deleted by an upper Spirit.
  • As all higher spirits, the GG Jesus is way above over our lifes and don't meddle with the petty tussels we have.

Anyway, you may also let the whole thing stand as a deterring model of bad conduct and as reminder for everybody that nodbdy gets away with something like this - and for you ;) Don't try to make sins undone my expurgating all their evidences ;)

But for my sake, do it.
  • From Alumnus Alumni:
    but I need to have my sin definitively deleted by an upper Spirit.

P.S. I think you're wrong. You cannot commit sins. Sinning requires the mind of someone who is than just a simpleton. You only did what was within your means.
  • From Alumnus Alumni:
    but I need to have my sin definitively deleted by an upper Spirit.

P.S. I think you're wrong. You cannot commit sins. Sinning requires the mind of someone who is more than just a simpleton. You only did what was within your means.
  • Hi Whacky,

Are you referring to this post:

well, this is just an assumption which must be proven,
    but perhaps, you are bipolar, with
    one phase simpleton
    and another phase optimistically realistic
    ergo altogether whacky ?

Added: 05/30/2011 - 01:52 PM By Alumnus Alumni

?

I think we should probably assume that Alumnus Alumni was joking here!

It's hard to convey subtleties on online forums, because everything is written and we can't see people's faces or hear their intonation. It's best to take everything with a pinch of salt, I think!

All the best,
    Helen
    GymGlish Content Team
  • Yes, I must confess it : it was a pure (and revealed as stupid also later) joke ! and be careful : salt, even a pinch, is not good for blood pressure !
  • From Whacky:
    And to make your sign of good will complete, now embark on a journey over the alps in sandals, sackclothes and ashes and solicit forgiveness from the pope. That will suffice then - and the whole thing is dead an done with and you will be welcomed in our community with open arms again.

Please sign in to leave a comment.