Comments about the English forum

Jackson Pollock-Bollocks

Lesson/ Story "The Museum exhibit"
"The The article in the "San Francisco Gazette" is insulting for art lovers and it is a stupidity to say that "people who do not know much about art can see that Bollocks was often drunk". It's humour, perhaps, but humour without taste

3 comments

• Thanks to Henze and YouTube, I'm just discovering ;)
  • Great!!!!! I like the work of Pollock..Malcolm Lowry also was often drunk and? Of course, I'm not defending alcoholism...Over all I didn't appreciate the play on words Pollock-Bollocks. May be, I'm too sensitive regarding Art. Have a good day
  • henze said

"The The article in the "San Francisco Gazette" is insulting for art lovers and it is a stupidity to say that "people who do not know much about art can see that Bollocks was often drunk". It's humour, perhaps, but humour without taste

Hello, Sorry to hear that you didn't like this article, and apologies for the delay in responding. Obviously, this article is satire, and the play on words is yes, just for humor. I'm not sure why you would think that anything written for GymGlish would express a serious editorial opinion on a subject as notoriously subjective as art, or on an artist as universally respected and appreciated as Jackson Pollock. My advice would be to take our content with a grain of salt, as it is intended to be humorous and often times irreverent. I hope this information helps.

Please sign in to leave a comment.