English Vocabulary

How to improve my vocabulary?

Hi,
I was a bit surprised when I discovered my rating. While it seems I'm pretty good at both oral and reading comprehension I'm desperate about my staggering vocabulary rating. How did I manage to get those 5.5s with an associated 3.0 in vocabulary?

Initial Current
General Level 4.9 4.9
Grammar Level 3.6 3.6
Vocabulary Level 3.0 3.0
Oral Comprehension Level 5.5 5.5
Reading Comprehension Level 5.5 5.5

Thanks for your help,
Keep up the good work,
Jim

25 comments

• hello !
    how are you i m sorry because im verry verry desperate in english
    do you speak english with me please!!!??
  • LL
  • From nanou:
    hello !

Hello Nanou!
    How many nanometres tall are you?
    I wouldn’t miss out on getting in touch with the nanoyou.
    All I guess is that you’re used to SMS writing for the message I’m replying to has been written in the new up-to-date SMS language chucking overboard punctuation marks, capital letters and the whole caboodle.

Here is my translation of Nanou’s tip into my old-fashioned way of saying.

"How are you?
    I’m sorry because I’m very, very desperate for practising English and I couln't make it yet.
    Would you mind speaking English with me? Please!"

Here is my respond to a such desperate need of help.

Hello Nanou!
    Be that as it may, whoever and whatever you be, would you be a nanogirl, a nanodwarf or a nan full stop, I’m delighted to correspond with you via the GG forum.
    To actually speak, you should make you register to Skype (for free) and release here your pseudo (= your call sign) so that I could call you and get in touch by phone for free.
    In the mean time you could share loads of concerns with other GGusers by regularly coming round the forum at any time.

About you being 'very desperate in English', it’s a bit ambiguous.
    Are you desperate for speaking a fluent English (or desperate to speak fluently)? Good on you! You’re going to make it.
    On the other hand, would you be getting desperate as long as you get in touch with English, that could mean that Nanou doesn’t match with English. In that case, get rid of English and switch over another beautiful language. There are a lot of them.
    I wish you the best choice.
    Read you soon?
    Gee
  • HELLO I want to speak english with somebody but my problem is I learn english so I'm not very good in english but I will very glad to send and receive the mail in english to improuve my english

thank you I expect your reply
  • heloo
    i`m stading english but i`m not very good my teacher said your english is in up -and-up but i can`t speak english very good please i need halp i`ll be very happy to receive somme advises or tips in my e-mail .
    think u
  • i want speak english somebody but, my problem is learn english so i m not very goodin english but I will VERY GLAD TO SENT AND RECEIV THE MAIL IN ENGLISH TO IMPROUVE MY ENGLISH
  • From nanou:
    hello !

• From angye2:
    i want speak english somebody but, my problem is learn english so i m not very goodin english but I will VERY GLAD TO SENT AND RECEIV THE MAIL IN ENGLISH TO IMPROUVE MY ENGLISH

HI ANGYE2 I NEED PRACTICE ENGLISH DO YOU LIKE PRACTICE WITH ME... WRITTE ME OK.
  • From nanou:
    LL

Hi, the important is to try to speak english and to practice with somebody who wants to help you. I'm trying to do it by this email. I hope sombody do the samething with me.
    rosalia

Please sign in to leave a comment.