English Vocabulary

How to improve my vocabulary?

Hi,
I was a bit surprised when I discovered my rating. While it seems I'm pretty good at both oral and reading comprehension I'm desperate about my staggering vocabulary rating. How did I manage to get those 5.5s with an associated 3.0 in vocabulary?

Initial Current
General Level 4.9 4.9
Grammar Level 3.6 3.6
Vocabulary Level 3.0 3.0
Oral Comprehension Level 5.5 5.5
Reading Comprehension Level 5.5 5.5

Thanks for your help,
Keep up the good work,
Jim

25 comments - page 2

• ]From rosalia
    Hi, the important is to try to speak english and to practice with somebody who wants to help you. I'm trying to do it by this email. I hope sombody do the samething with me.
    rosalia
  • From Moussa Conde:
    HELLO I want to speak english with somebody but my problem is I learn english so I'm not very good in english but I will very glad to send and receive the mail in english to improuve my english

thank you I expect your reply

hello Im looking the same so you tell me How do I do? so replayme if you can...
  • hello im looking for the same my english is so slow too but we can speak and we can together is the best way to learn speak and practice every day...

Im waiting for your answer....
  • hello Moussa I can help you and you can help me so tell me How can we do? my emial address is katininaddari@yahoo.com I wait for you we need speak about the time for example I live in USA and where are you? is the same hours time?....
  • From angye2:
    i want speak english somebody but, my problem is learn english so i m not very goodin english but I will VERY GLAD TO SENT AND RECEIV THE MAIL IN ENGLISH TO IMPROUVE MY ENGLISH

hello I can help you but my english is very bad too but I think is the best way to learn, speak and write..

so you tell me waht is your emial address?
  • fanfan55

I have many difficulties of retaining all the expressions, somebody would have it an easy way to give me, I despair
    it's too difficult for mee
  • fanfan55

I have many difficulties of retaining all the expressions, somebody would have it an easy way to give me, I despair
    it's too difficult for me

Thanks at you

see you letter
  • i would like speak english quickly, i learn all evening about one hour i think that i not arrived

thanks to help me
  • i would like speak english quickly, i learn all evening about one hour i think that i not arrived

thanks to help me
  • Hi Fanfan Five Five,
    If you have difficulties in memorizing all those expressions, use my own trick what proved working wonders.

Take one expression at a time.
    Put it into a sentence, or some sentences.
    Then say it again and again, in a row, for some minutes.

Do it again 3 hours later.
    And again the day after.
    The third day you can tell it by heart! You know it for life!

Take heart, Fanfan Five Five!

Please sign in to leave a comment.