English Idioms

an idiom (perhaps)

Is there anybody who know the meaning of :

You're the Man and/or Woman!

Thanks

13 comments - page 2

• not moving fast this topic ;) much slower than Caster Semenya :
    "Gold-medallist Semenya, 18, has both male and female organs, it was claimed yesterday.
    And sources close to the International Association of Athletics Federations — who ordered extensive tests on the teen after her amazing 800m win at the World Athletics Championships last month — say the results mean she could still be stripped of her medal.
    Semenya is claimed to have NO womb or ovaries — and has internal testes, the male sexual organs which produce testosterone.
    The row over Semenya's biology has caused huge divisions — with South African politicians calling slurs she is a man "racist and sexist."
  • From GymGlish Content:
    Hi GymBrain,

'You're the man!' or 'You're the woman!' is a way of congratulating someone. It's the same as saying 'well done!', 'congratulations!' or 'you're excellent!'.

I hope that helps!

Helen

• From GymBrain:
    Is there anybody who know the meaning of :

You're the Man and/or Woman!yes i do think it means that the one's the man and the woman on the same time.it can also mean that the one is only the man or the woman

Thanks

• You're the man means: You're excellent. Usually said "you da man!" It was a popular idiom a few years ago. I am attempting to learn French. Aprendre Francais. Would anyone need help with their English in return for helping me with my French. By email? psg2000@gmail.com

Please sign in to leave a comment.