English Vocabulary

Lesson today:wind or not wind?

I guess there is a confusion in today text, Radio R. weather... Candy said: no wind until Monday.But in the exercises below, Horacio" brought a kite to fly, and a little sailboat because the weatherman also said there would be wind"!!I couldn´t understand. May you explain it to me? Thanks. Actually my name is Rosa Bahiense.

5 comments

• Well, the basic obstacle is that the lesson you had today is not at all necessarily the same lesson your fellow-learners had today. Apart from the Funky Friday episodes, which are broadcast to all GG users on the same day (otherwise a ballot about the topic of the next episode would not be feasible), every learner has his own 'program', that is he receives the episodes according to his own progress, interests and schedule. So, the odds that another GG participants can help you in this matter are rather low. Granted, many GG users might have had the lesson in question in the past, but with sometimes almost a thousand lessons it's very hard to memorize the exact lesson.
  • Hi Bahia,

Sorry for the confusion here! The exercise you're referring to simply re-uses some of the vocabulary from the Radio Rhubarb episode. It offers a different scenarion with Horatio rather than a radio weather forecast. A clue to this is that the exercise talks about a 'weatherman', whereas in the dialogue, Candy is a 'weather girl' or 'weather woman'.

I hope this helps to clarify things, and sorry again for the confusion!

Helen
  • please if you know a sit where i can learn medical english i need it help me
  • From Bahia:
    I guess there is a confusion in today text, Radio R. weather... Candy said: no wind until Monday.But in the exercises below, Horacio" brought a kite to fly, and a little sailboat because the weatherman also said there would be wind"!!I couldn´t understand. May you explain it to me? Thanks. Actually my name is Rosa Bahiense.

• Thank you Bahia ! I have exactly the same question: wind or not wind ? and how shall we manage to get the right answer when we are confused ? thanks gain . ccordially, Nilker ;

Please sign in to leave a comment.