Dear all,

which is the best one?

As far as the document is signed or
As far as the document be sign

Thanks for your feedback
Best Regards

9 comments

• I vote for the first one
  • As far as Tintin is running a blockbuster by now, I also vote for the first one.
  • Buuhuhuu - they made a blockbuster of my beloved Tintin comic books I read as a child. It's kind of a desecration. I am weeping.

But I vote for the first one, too.
  • Buuhuhuu - they HAVE made a blockbuster of my beloved Tintin comic books I read as a child. It's kind of a desecration. I am weeping.

But I vote for the first one, too.
  • I'm no more a child but I stil read very often Tintin adventures. The blockbuster is not so bad : same characters, for some of them same events, but not the same story...it is a pity. AhQ and Kuifje himself seem to know well the dutch/flamish version. What's Snowy's name then ?
  • Bobbie is de hond van Kuifje in de strips van HergĂ©. Milou is de originele (Franse) naam van Bobbie. In het Duits heet hij Struppi. In het Engels heet hij Snowy.
  • Hi EpsilonBrain : have you got such a tiny brain that you don't know you're not allowed to write any other language but English ?
  • From EpsilonBrain:
    I'm no more a child but I stil read very often Tintin adventures. The blockbuster is not so bad : same characters, for some of them same events, but not the same story...it is a pity. AhQ and Kuifje himself seem to know well the dutch/flamish version. What's Snowy's name then ?

Be as it may. I am afraid that's what the future holds for us. Since it has become feasible to create an impressively real-looking digital world on the silverscreen, even with human faces in it, and it is going to become even more real, we will see plenty of digitically created movies in the future. By all intents and purposes, the time of the old cartoon movies are numbered and most of them will be suppplanted by digital enhanced movies, I think, and not only the cartoon films. And this Tintin movies is only of them.

Recently I watched "Lord of the Rings" again, and when you compare it to fantasy movies two decades ago, the possibilities of today are staggering. Not that I'm a fan of fantasy movies per se. It's only that twenty to thirty years ago, such realistic depictions of gigantic castles and breathtakingly landscapes, fairytale creatures, humonguous battles et cetera were not possible. Imagine: in the "Neverending Story" they still had to build a real model of Fuchure, the fortune dragon and let the boy sitting of him in front of a blue canvas to superimpose the sky and the clouds to create the impression both were swooshing through the sky. I a school outing I've to the studios in which the shot this movie and saw the props and contraptions. That was so old-fashioned in comparison.

Anyway,what I don't like that much about the Tintin movie is that Tintin looks much younger than in the comic books. He looks almost a child to me. I recall him to look a little older in the book, in his early twenties. But in the movie he looks like a sixteen-year old.
  • "Anyway,what I don't like that much about the Tintin movie is that Tintin looks much younger than in the comic books. He looks almost a child to me. I recall him to look a little older in the book, in his early twenties. But in the movie he looks like a sixteen-year old."
    Yes, I agree !

Please sign in to leave a comment.