English Grammar

I wish I would understand

"What I meant to say was,I wish I had flown economy" said Philip in a dialogue.
About the meaning of this sentense Robot said " Philip insist that he flew in economy class"
I'm surprised and can say that I couldn't desagree more!
Normally Robot is never wrong!
Thanks everybody for explanation

5 comments

• Hello,

I have seen this episode and I agree with you that the statement is a little strange. I will send a message to the lesson-writing team on your behalf to ask about it.
  • From Sammy B:
    Hello,

I have seen this episode and I agree with you that the statement is a little strange. I will send a message to the lesson-writing team on your behalf to ask about it.

From Sammy B:
    Hello,

• Thanks for the implementation
    I wish you could succeed
    Regards
  • Excuse me : I don't think I've had this episode. Is Robot inside the story, or is it a function in Google or something like Reverso ?....
  • 'Robot' is the artificial intelligence which is working behind the scenes of each GymGlish lesson and which decides whether an answer is right or wrong. But since it is a droid and not a human being, it might infallible when it comes to pure functionality, but it can be (once in a while) way off the mark when it comes to human intuition and can determine that answer is wrong, even if it is not all from the human point of view, because the robot sometimes doesn't consider all human perspectives and contexts- which is a something of a flipside of the coin, but it's something we have to live with. Maybe R2D2 was ahead of our times, but I think he often simply didn't understand human behaviour.

All in fall, the GymGlish robot does a damn good job most of the times. Here and there the propositons might be controversial, but that's a part of the job.

Please sign in to leave a comment.