English Vocabulary

Routine ?

- I know wtat is a "routine" when it's just the same meaning as the french word
( un action regurlaly followed)
- I knom what is a "routine" when it's a process, technical process of any kinds, especially about computer.

BUT, i can't find the french word for a "danse routine" :
- it's not a choreography,
- it's more gymnastic i Think,
- it's not the first number of a spectacle,

May I say it's an "enchaƮnement" ?

Skills are required for response,
Thanks "skills".

GWendoline.

an exemple of a "routine", which make, me questionable about it : pleasure, amazement, wondering and perhaps fears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCNzlKIR3es&feature=fvwrel

11 comments

• I feel rather skilful dancer today. So I throw in my mind. A dancing mind? Oh la, la, jeepers creepers! Yeah! If my mind is a dancing mind's, for sure you may trust it.
    By all odds, Gwendy, a dance routine is an enchainement (English word from French) a sequence of linked-up steps and movements that are carried out by heart as it's used in any dance workshop.
  • jeepers creepers ????? what kind of surprising plant is it ?
  • Oh my gods! Jeepers full stop can make it. It doesn't need to creep, to crawl or whatever. May be as it may, a good dancer doesn't use any dancing mind to perform a rhythmical dance routine.
  • May... may... may ??? dancing and/or stammering?
    Be it as it may, let Gwendy alone, you scatterbrained AhQ.
  • please, don't leave me alone, i will learn everything about creepc-rawl, or crawlingc-reep, or whatever it is, if it's a 'rhythmical routine"... by the way, routine is just an other way to ....say
  • 'Jeepers' , Gwendy, is another form of 'Jeez'. Interjection coming from Jesus expressing surprise (or maybe boredom, but forget it).
    I heard 'Jeepers creepers' as well by American people, for sure since it was used for a movie title.

A routine, as you know, is a set of steps in a process or activity that are always performed the same way.
    In a dance practice, especially in workshops, it's usual to perform sequences of movements that are run each time the same way. That's somehow a routine. Don't you think so?

Goodbye Gwen!
    We'll meet again?
  • Some more nuances of routine?
    He gave me the old routine of loving me, he did it as a matter of routine.D on't worry about it: this is just routine, routine and boring.
  • You are right AhQ, Jeepers Creepers was sang and played by Louis Armstrong, and it was a trendy dance in the 30'. The name came from US and Canadian slang "Jesus person creepers" with some pejorative meaning, for people going to the service. It gave the title of a film released in 2001
  • You are right AhQ, Jeepers Creepers was sang and played by Louis Armstrong, and it was a trendy dance in the 30'. The name came from US and Canadian slang "Jesus person creepers" with some pejorative meaning, for people going to the service. It gave the title of a film released in 2001

Please sign in to leave a comment.