English Grammar

Grammar level

Hi,

How can I improve my grammar level ? Others things (vocabulary, comprehension...) have been improve higher, however, I am not able to improve my gramar level.

Thanks for your help,
Have nice day,
Sonya

19 comments - page 2

• the website www.a-anglais.com is in french, could you give me a website in spanish?? I need improve my grammar level too.
  • hello,can you give me a website for some english university?
    I want to prefectionne my english
  • Grammar lessons are very helpful, I encourage you to review as often as you wish.
  • bY THE WAY, Delavigne Corp. This sentence: The doors to Delavigne's Office Why not OF instead of to.....

Maybe to you Gee
  • From joujou:
    bY THE WAY, Delavigne Corp. This sentence: The doors to Delavigne's Office Why not OF instead of to.....
    Maybe to you Gee

Since you're calling me out, I feel obliged to follow up.
    In my opinion you should give the context i.e. the whole sentence.

Let's suppose this one: The doors of the Delavigne's office are glass doors.
    OF, preposition, function word indicating belonging (the doors belonging to the Delavigne's).

Now with to: His connection with Polly opened him the doors to the Delavigne's office. (even though it would be better to say "the doors to the Delavigne Corporation.)
    TO, preposition, function word indicating movement (the doors leading to Delavigne's).

Now my concern is about the article "the" Delavigne. I can't make my mind. That's why I forward your question to Silky who's the best one to give an ably answer.
  • Hi Joujou/Gee,

Joujou, you must have understood the difference between the doors TO and the doors OF thanks to Gee's excellent explanation.
    Gee, you say you can't make up your mind about the use of THE. The trouble is I don't know which THE you are referring to.Let me guess:
    -The doors to Delavigne's office (sounds OK)
    -The doors to Delavigne Corporation (sounds OK too)
    Sorry, but I don't know whether there is a rule for the use of THE in this case.
    So I also forward your question to someone who is more competent than me.
    Mind you "ably" is an adverb.

Silky. C.W.
  • TO PERFORM YOUR GRAMMAR YOU SHOULD PERFORM YOUR DRIVING.IE PAY ATTENTION TO ALL THE SIGNALS SO AS TO DRIVE WELL.
  • What good an idea, Fodil!
    You are quite right because I noticed that there are as many drivers flouting the signposts along the roads than writers flouting the grammar requirements along the sentences.
    But do you really think it's worth caring for?
    I notice that drivers flouting the signposts though reach their destination.
    Likewise writers flouting the grammar rules though make it as to get understood.
    By all accounts both have their bacon saved and their set goal achieved.
    Don't worry. Be happy.
    Joyfully yours,
    Lucky bastard

[CW]
    <to save one's bacon> is an informal idiom that my father, who worked as a pork butcher, used to tell every time he escaped danger, injury, trouble or scorn from his boss.
  • From IGRISH:
    HI
    DO YOU THINK THAT GYMGLISH IS NOT ENOUGH?
    I GUESS THAT YOU CAN REVIEW GRAMMAR LESSON AS LONG AS YOU WISH.

Yes, but I repeated my grammar lessons; nevertheless, I allways repeat my mistakes... or I do other mistakes
  • From IGRISH:
    HI
    DO YOU THINK THAT GYMGLISH IS NOT ENOUGH?
    I GUESS THAT YOU CAN REVIEW GRAMMAR LESSON AS LONG AS YOU WISH.

Yes, but I repeated my grammar lessons; nevertheless, I allways repeat my mistakes... or I do other mistakes

Please sign in to leave a comment.