I started read English books few monts ago and could recommend you:
- "The curious dog in the night time" by Marc Haddon : it's the first book that I read and it's pretty easy to understand because it's a teenage book
- Sophia Kinstella's books : "Can you keep a secret?", "The Undomestic Goddess", etc. it's books for women.
- "the absolutely true diary of a part-time indian" from Ellen Forney
- "A street cat named Bod" by James Bowen : a true story!
- "Hyperbole and a half"
- "No Impact Man"
- "eating animal" from Jonathan Safran Foer!
- "Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keynes
- "The Goal" by Godratt
Hope that you will find your happiness in this list.. :)
Last but not least recommendation:
"Information is Beautiful" from David Mc Candless !!
It's a book about infography and it's a good way for learning English vocabulary.
His website: http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/popular/